Wednesday, June 9, 2010

generation alphabet

I'm not sure if it is a generational thing or if I am just a little dense. I showed the following graph to my Year Nine students, hoping to baffle them as much as I had been (it took me about ten minutes to figure out what it was all about)....

http://dukeoflimbs.blogspot.com/2010/06/junk-post.html
see my friend Spindleshanks' blog for original and larger version.

Of course they all figured it out in under 2 minutes and handed it back to me, very self satisfied and happy to point out how culturally savvy I was NOT.

In other news, the load of marking and reports due before going to Strath this weekend is making me amazed that I am even writing this post. Is it possible that I am doing it in the two minute gap between periods 3 & 4? Noooooooo.............

3 comments:

  1. Ahahaha! It took ten minutes, Kate? Who knew my doodles were so zeitgeisty! Maybe it's an obtuse graph, or maybe it's like the visual equivalent of that ringtone only teens can hear - you might not be young enough to get it, but you're not really missing out on anything. :P

    though to be fair, it was originally posted with context. Nerdy, nerdy context.

    ReplyDelete
  2. original context? Where? I was very glad to discover in a later class that there was at least one poor teenager who (like me) thought it was something to do with people on drugs...

    ReplyDelete